Saturday, July 17, 2010

A World Beyond the Window

Ghana:
Arrived safely in Ghana Accra yesterday around 2:45 pm! This was only after a miracle from God that I caught my plane after a scary controversy at the airport. Lets just say, that someone above is by my side without a doubt!
The country is everything and more that I expected, and that is just from the drive to the hotel! In comparison to the US, an absolute other world.
I wish I could say more, but sending my family an arrival note has wiped out my 30 minute internet cap!
I will leave with one last note before breakfast and heading out to The University of Ghana and later traveling to Cape Coast-
The hotel where we have accomodations is absolutely amazing. Everyone is friendly and the atomosphere is as inviting and as comfortable as it can possibly be.
Although this is so, outside my hotel window is another world. I will explain soon!
Thankful. Anxious. Changed.
Until next time,
Life is Love

3 comments:

  1. Cassie, I will be checking this everyday. I am so happy to see you made it safely and I can't wait to hear about the airport controversy and all the other interesting things you've came across so far. Keep us updated. I love you and have fun!
    P.S. Your writing is amazing! I believe you could really go far with it!

    Best of luck,
    Your Bestie Pickle

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet Pickle!
    I am so glad that you are checking in on me everyday!
    Really you are going to laugh hysterically at this airport deal. Just be excited... haha
    I am trying to update as much as possible! The internet service here is definitely on Ghana time... meaning that there is no rush, for anything anywhere! So... I am slowly but surely going to update on everything possible. I hope everything at home is going good! Can't wait to come home and hear about everything. ( You know its killing my nosy self inside not knowing anything about what is going on! ;))
    Thank you for the luck! And keep sending it my way I definitely need it.
    LOVE. YOU.
    xoxoxo,
    -Your Bestie C-Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S
    Thanks so much for the writing encouragement! It was a definite needed boost! I think I may continue after we get back home. It has been such an awesome self expression. Keep checking for newbies! There is some really great stuff coming up.
    <3

    ReplyDelete